Monday, March 16, 2009

Is it Just Me?

My boy Joe Castro just wrote nine hood indicators of the recession. and they're quite hilarious (and true), which reminded me of the topic at hand. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a mass of brothers on scooters and skateboards in the hood? Every time I go to my parents house (which is a predominantly black neighborhood in the 'burbs), instead of seeing big trucks and chevys sittin' on them boys, I see blinged up MEN in white tees on skateboards. And in my parent's neighborhood, the dudes on SKATEBOARDS are the drug dealers. (I know 'cause they were on the block when I lived there).

My brain can't deal with these possibilities. We've got a black president and drug dealers are on skateboards, what's next? LOL!

5 comments:

Mrs.Young_fashion said...

that is beyonf funny. You'd think they'd be doing better for themselves.

I've seen the skateboards but I just thought it was because they were tried of the pink bikes.

Reese said...

i guess they gettin that good money over in the hood where i am, cause over on 79th im still seeing that new new, challengers on 22s, a couple range rovers and the ever present escalades

ThummyB said...

Now THAT is too funny!

b.enchanted said...

Wow. Haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

hahahahah!! I don't know about the skateboards, but I'll ask my friends and family back home if they've noticed it! lol