Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Craziness and Confusion

Is it just me or have your co-workers been talking crazy lately too?

I kid you not it's like my managers have got me confused with someone who gets paid MORE than I do and the people I manage have gotten me confused with someone who gets paid LESS than I do.

Ridiculous quotes:

"I can't get to that today." (to which I said in a very professional way... wanna bet?)
- Intern

"I just spent two days doing XYZ. Can you make a complement for XYZ in an hour and a half?" (Yes, of course, I'm superTEA)
- Manager

"I'm in a meeting right now and I don't know when I'll get a chance to review this, but don't leave until I've had a chance to review this." (SURE! There's nothing I want more on a cold Chicago evening than to stare out of the pitch black window in my office longing to go home... waiting on you to leave a meeting and review my work).
- Manager (at 4:47 p.m.)

I figure it must be because of the recession. They figure (rightly so) that I have less leverage because of the depressed job market. I used to be a bit of a rebel [in my head] and always say if I got fired, I'd just go back to grad school (like everyone else who doesn't know what they want to be when they grow up - no offense to anyone), but given the little loan freeze situation, that's not really my best option right now.

I guess I'm going to go do this intern's work... be SuperTEA... and stare out of my window waiting for my manager to review my work... Womp.

1 comment:

antithesis said...

awww. i know how you feel, sort of. and this isnt even my real job.

i'm a grad school person because i thought i knew what i wanted to do with my life. not so sure about that anymore but i thought it would keep me safe from office politics and bullshit. even with my BS job on campus, i gotta deal with similar crap as you. hang in there, T.