Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Book of the Week: Escape

I'm currently reading Escape by Carolyn Jessop. I'm not done with it, but I wanted to share with you guys. This book is excellent. You hear about religious cults and polygamist sects of different religions, but hearing someone's first hand account of the straight NONSENSE that goes on is both enlightening and heart-breaking.


Beware, this book is long as HELL! It's a page-turner though. I borrowed it from a co-worker and hope to be done with it this week. If you get a chance to read it, let me know what you think. Have you read any similar books with first-hand accounts of odd lifestyles?

2 comments:

kay* said...

i remember reading a review of this book a while ago when it first came out. it sounded interesting - i may have to readd it back to my 'to read' list.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I want to read this now after reading your post above this one.