Friday, February 20, 2009

Question of the Day: Winning and Such

My clients sponsor a ton of contests and sweepstakes and I usually write the rules for those bad boys with a lot of help & direction *cough* headaches and stress *cough* from legal.

Needless to say, I sign up for EVERYTHING. (I'm clearly not eligible for stuff my company sponsors, I'm talking about everything else.) I figure I have to be someone's prototype for something. I've never won any national sweepstakes or contests, but I've won a great deal of stuff locally.

Stuff I've won lately
- Tickets to the Bears/Packers game (from a raffle at work)
- Tickets to another random Bears game (from a spelling contest at McFadden's)
- An iPod (from a vendor at work)
- A $100 Best Buy Gift Card (Summer outing raffle at work)
- A jar of Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme (from Nerd Girl)
- The American Journey of Barack Obama (from BGG)
- Jeanette Jenkins workout videos (From BGG too)

Stuff I would like to win right now
- A trip to NYC, Vegas, the Bahamas, hell anywhere that's not Chicago
- Diamonds from A Diamond is Forever (I NEVER win their sweepstakes)
- And countless other Shape, Self and Essence magazine contest and sweepstakes that I've entered.

So, have you ever won anything? Are you in the running to win something right now?

7 comments:

PyT said...

I've won the old mini iPod from a vendor at my old job for guessing correctly a scientist in a photo (random!). Also, the $100 driving credits from i-go at the party we went to last year. Those are the only two items that really stick out.

I always try to do those surveys where they say you'll win money or whatnot, but I'm really wondering if it's just a ploy to get feedback..hmm.

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

dang u should go to vegas and sit at a table

antithesis said...

i know u saw my post on the stuff ive won so far but im trying to win any and everything on people's blogs right now. i would love to win some curly hair products like you.

b.enchanted said...

I never win anything.
My sister always wins contests at work, such as a day off or spa treatments. My dad once won tickets to the auto show-trying to make a call he accidentally dialed a tv station. My mom won a trip to Hawaii in a bowling tournament.
Guess I'm the unlucky one.

T said...

B... didn't you win $500 from Lucky Strike last year? I think that counts.

suga said...

As a teen, I used to win concert tickets ALL THE TIME... back when I listened to the radio. It is truly ridiculous how many times I won. But nowadays, I can't win anything to save my life. I cant even get on the radio to send a shout out to Pookie and 'nem. lol

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Thanks for the shout-out (I've been backed up with visiting one of my favorite blogs!:-)

I used to win sooo much stuff. Not anymore though. I have won a camera, camcorder, Garrett's tin of popcorn (twice), Picasso print, $100 gift card...this happened all in like a matter of 6 months two years ago. My winning streak has ended. LOL!