Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tea's Tangents

Here are some tangents that don't fit into any of the week's posts. If you get around to reading them... enjoy.

1. Am I the only one who gets an attitude when clothes from Forever 21 are dry clean only? Hand wash, I can understand, because it's cheap and probably can't take a good machine wash. But dry cleaning? It just seems wrong to pay for dry cleaning for a clothing item I paid $19.99 for. I gotta think about next steps. LOL!

2. I straightened my hair for inauguration and it was TOO FLY if I do say so myself. I was baffled that it stayed straight for so long. I can't find a picture that really shoes the hair off, but just take my word for it.

I had to wash my hair today though, and for 3.5 seconds it didn't curl up. I thought it was stuck straight and I damn near cried. Then the water penetrated and the fro is back. Ah... I missed it!

3. I'm seriously considering suspending all non-work related trips for the year... (Per Mike... I say that every year. But I'm SERIOUSLY considering it this time)

4. Even given the trip suspension, I THINK I may postpone my condo buying aspirations for a few years. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew just to "own" or because it's such a buyer's market. Gotta stay prayed up, so that I make the right decision come August.

5. Does anyone know where I can get a Dell memory stick for my computer other than the Dell hotline? They're on backorder and I really want it now. Best Buy doesn't seem to carry them...

6 comments:

PyT said...

We have to take at least one more trip before the year is up girl! We must! :)

Oh and have you tried ebay for the memory stick? Girl, ebay is just great. I think they have everything so you may be able to come up on one there.

antithesis said...

#1- i guess i dont buy enough stuff from there (yet) but if i come across that on the tag of anything in there, i will be PISSED! when i get smaller, i'll be able to wear more of their stuff

#2- my presses do way better in the winter weather, too. i take your word.

#3- why?

T said...

@ PyT, Ebay is GENIUS. Thanks!

@ antithesis, I go back and forth between being frugal and frivolous. I've been so many places that some of my trips are starting to seem frivolous to me. I feel bad for spending cash on trips when I have credit card balances. (I don't feel TOO bad, but again... I'm SERIOUSLY considering a slow down)

PyT said...

YAY! Yeah, girl I try to buy all electronics off of there. Verizon modem, phones, chargers. I mean you can get brand new or gently used items for the LOW. I'm now trying to purchase a flat screen LCD TV off of there.

Southside_Superstar said...

#3 No comment
#5 Try asking TT he's the tech guru

Luvvie (aka Queen IG) said...

Check Amazon for that memory stick. Amazon has everythang!