Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quote of the Day

"See, today I was smart. I wore my Spanx to keep my legs warm."
- A woman standing behind me in the drink line who should clearly be wearing Spanx at all times, sub-zero temperatures or not.

Matter of fact, this woman was so hilarious I'm going to paraphrase what she was talking about in line behind me.

Hilarious woman: "I said to her... We're damn near 40. I have 3 kids and a husband when the fuck are you going to be done with school?"

Her friend: "She's still in school"

HW: "Girl, yeah. She has a bachelor's, a master's and a medical degree. She gone call me the other day talkin' bout she woke up and decided she can't be looking in kids mouths for the rest of her life. As long as her parents keep paying for her apartment and her Benz she ain't never gone get a job."

HF: "Really"

HW: "Yeah, and she's dating some dude that's a junior in college. Buying him clothes and shit. What could she possibly have in common with someone so young?"

Tea thinking: Well... there is this one thing. LMAO

6 comments:

antithesis said...

wow...

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Unbelievably hilarious!!!

I love listening to other ppl's conversations. You can hear some funny stuff that's for sure.

I once came across a book about all the overheard conversations on the NY subway. It was so funny!

You could do one...the crazy things I hear just living in Chicago! LOL

b.enchanted said...

I can think of a few things wrong with this situation...

TatooTuesday said...

Some things there are NO words for. But if I meet this woman, I will attempt to get a few outfits on the low.

Cris said...

I was so with you on that one except I actually said what you were thinking aloud so good I wasn't standing there hahahaha

and

LOL TT

pipermadison said...

hee hee. I know someone like that too. Cool blog. :)