Friday, January 9, 2009

Only You

Can prevent forrest fires... house fires and all that other jazz.


My big sis lost her apartment last year in a horrible house fire. (Did I talk about that here?) They didn't have a working smoke detector, but God woke her up in the middle of the night. My sister, brother-in-law and nieces were given the gift of life in 2008.


Unfortunately, even if you decided to pray every night for God to wake you up IF your house catches fire, God doesn't let us handpick our blessings, so I want you to PLEASE get a smoke detector in 2009 AND check your batteries. Ok? I mean, deepfry some catfish and let it burn one day just to see if that bad boy goes off. Ok? You life depends on it.

I'm not playing.

This has been a public service announcement by Tea. Again, I'm not playing.

2 comments:

kay* said...

great advice! it's such a simple thing that can save your life - and it's inexpensive! i don't understand why some people don't have one?

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

So, so true!! I've read so many stories lately about apt/house fires.

I hope your sister is back on her feet.