Friday, January 9, 2009

Going to Inauguration

"The Presidential Inaugural Committee
requests the honor of your presence
to attend and participate
in the
Inauguration of
Barack H. Obama
as President of the United States of America
and
Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
as Vice President of the United States of America
on Tuesday, the twentienth of January
two thousand and nine
in the City of Washington"

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I got that in the mail today...

I'm going to Inauguration...

or so I thought. While I was looking for my actual tickets in the package I read the second page of the official stamped mailing from the President-Elect 'nem and it says "we're pleased to offer some innovative new ways for you to participate alongside your fellow Americans."

Um... I don't need innovation. I need tickets.

This is just as bad as the e-mail they sent saying "Your Ticket to Inauguration." I swear it looked JUST like the ticket to Grant Park (which was the real deal), but then it asked me to donate for a "chance" to go.

Obama's people are dream sellers, for real.

6 comments:

b.enchanted said...

HA! The same thing happened to Him earlier today. I'm so sorry Obama is playing with your heart like this.

Luvvie (aka Queen IG) said...

LMAO @ "I dont need innovation, I need tickets". I feel you. I'm still goin to DC, ticketless and ERRthang!!

antithesis said...

aww. still come to dc since i missed u last time. plus u dont have to have a ticket but i bet u wont be able to really see or hear anything. also, ill be in the damn house on the official day. i cant deal with the population doubling and tripling and what not.

Florence said...

OMG I was prepared to be REALLY jealous!!! I, too, will be present. No official plans, but an Odyssey cruise is in the works.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I'll be in D.C, but I have had second thoughts...but I'll still be there!! LOL

pipermadison said...

I know! If I get one more spam email asking for money I'm going to scream. I love him but hate those emails!