I am an engagement connousieur. I really am. I hear THE BEST engagement stories and when I don't hear them first hand, people call me and tell me about ones they heard and forward me ones they saw on the internet. In my opinion, the best (and most crucial) part about a good engagement is the element of surprise. Top 5 that I can think of off the top of my head are:
5. Ol' boy in Atlanta who broke the bank for that serious engagement. (I'll e-mail you the full story if you want it)
4. Joi & Jesse (he made a video, had the 'rents there, lovely! See the video here)
3. Dorian and Jake (did the Michigan Ave., horse and carriage, winter wonderland theme, she thought he was being a tourist, totally surprised her. I loved it!)
2. Serena and her husband (he got her nails done beforehand, she thought they were just going to a play. Oooh I can't even explain how hot that is to me. She was clueless and surprised AND her nails were fresh to death for the photos)
1. R&P He took her to Miami for her birthday on a surprise trip, so she was completely blindsided by the proposal. He proposed on the beach after an elegant birthday lunch, P got a list of directions to a shipwrecked bottle in the sand with a hand-written note from R. After she read it, he dropped to one knee and the paparazzi (me, thummyb, Meeg and Su) caught it all on camera.
Check out this new hot new celebrity engagement story too:
Eva and Lance
On Wednesday, December 24, while vacationing with their families at the couple's favorite winter getaway spot—the Big Bear ski resort in the San Bernardino Mountains outside of Los Angeles—Marcille and Gross decided to open gifts after dinner in their rented cabin. When Marcille opened her gift—a pillow with a note attached that read: "Hope you like it. Give this pillow to the man you love and he will explain." Read the rest here at Essence.com.
What's your favorite engagement story?