Monday, January 26, 2009

Club Casualties

The problem with going to the club with your man is that there will be pretty women trying to push up on him, who don't know he's your man.

Background.

We're at The Park in D.C. We saw Common, Lance Gross and Will.I.Am there too, but I'm digressing. We're at The Park and one of my homies wasn't feeling too good. She wasn't drunk just for all you nosey haters reading, but I went to go grab her some water.

So I'm dipping through the crowd swiftly, whispering in folkses ears that I need to get to the front of the bar 'cause my girl needs water. So an attractive brother takes pity on me, shifts his body such that we could both be at the bar at the same time and even flagged the bartender down and asked for bottled water. The bartender says how many and the brother holds up two fingers.

It's at this moment that the brother's woman (who I had not seen previously, not that I would care if I did, I'm just sayin')... the brother's woman turns around and says and I quote "What the fuck are you doing?"

The brother's trying to explain that he's not paying for anything and that he's just getting me closer to the bar for WATER. She wasn't having any of it. She looked at me, rolled her eyes and was like EXCUSE ME. He ran after her like any good sprung brother would do and I proceeded to get water for my girl.

Note to all the boo-ed up women reading this. When you take your man to the club... there will be casualties.

Coming up this week:
Notes to Self
Tea's Top 10: Wack Event Edition
Quote of the Day: Inaugural Edition
Airline RANT

9 comments:

antithesis said...

i still dont get her issue... oh well. i guess im not a petty broad. like n-words are dumb but they aint that dumb to try to get at someone RIGHT in front of you. i mean thats like cheating on you--right ON you...

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

she got low self esteem

Southside_Superstar said...

She shoulda whooped yo ass! I bet you had that ol woman in distress look in your eyes. smiling and shit.

b.enchanted said...

At least she kept the convo with him and didn't try to pull it with you T. Otherwise her self esteem would be even lower than it is already :)

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Some women are incredibly insecure. That's it and that's all.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Oh btw, my sister is moving to DC so we were there this wknd and we almost went to The Park! I guess I'll have more opportunities to check it out.

T said...

@ BGG, the Park is a real sexy spot, especially during big party weekends. My girl who live in DC said they only charge cover when folks are from out of town, so she told them she wasn't paying and walked in for the free.

I felt so silly for paying $40. ICK!

And the best part about The Park is all the cuties. All of their bouncers are delicious-looking.

We know you're taken, but a BG can still look!!!

Reese said...

allow me to reintroduce myself. i am reese, i shoulda been there to school dude, he shoulda checked his woman for that attitude. (and that rhymed lol) I know i been gone for a minute, i got a couple things going, yes Ive missed yall.

that dude woman was trippin, if that EVER happened to me (which it wont) i would have pulled her to the side and tore her ear off! my lips wouldnt have moved, it would have been one word like muthafuckerhaveyoulostyodamnmindclownininherelikethat?
I. Hate. Silly. Shit.

and damn T like any good sprung brother lol that was funny. dude needs an upgrade though.

i will be back to posting soon

T said...

LMAO @ Reese. OMG, that was so funny. Not the one word ear tear-off. Oh, I love it!

@ 4S, you know my damsel in distress is like no other. *the smiling, the lashes... possibly a bottom lip bit* This dude had no choice but to move. LOL!