Thursday, November 13, 2008

Move to the Country

- I was watching HGTV last week. Property Virgins and some other homeownership shows. They were in St. Paul, MN and Cincinnati, OH and Dallas, TX and folks were getting 3BR, 2.5 Baths homes for 150,000, 125,000 and one dude got the same for 119,900.

- I was in PG County about a month ago and 4 chicken nuggets were $1.00. I went to Navy Pier last week and 4 chicken nuggets are $4.60 (I'm not making this up)


- On the Obama campaign trail in Indiana, I saw gas for $2.30 or something like that.

- Then my little brother sends me a text pix message (Got that Verizon family share plan) and gas in Jacksonville, IL (the country folks) is $2.09. TWO OH NINE!?!

What is this, 2002?

Yeah, it's official. I need to move to the country. I'd be BALLIN'!!!!

Gas in the NAP


Prices dropping daily in Jacksonville



12 comments:

victoria said...

Girl, I'm in Lafayette, IN and gas was $1.85

Anonymous said...

Indianapolis classifies as country?

Reese said...

yes indianapolis does. but so does chicago to some people

kay* said...

i've actually been on property virgins...with my sister...i'll leave you to guess which episode though! it does get repeated a lot thought-lol.

Paris said...

Yeah, 'nap is country! And I was born there, but later moved to Columbus, Ohio. Went back to 'nap for the Circle City Classic back in '06...I saw more fronts, stunna shades and tricked out cars than I'd probably see in H-town.

But I digress...yeah, it's crazy how much cheaper the cost of living is in smaller cities. I was in Des Moines and gas was like $2.13. Even when I went to Charlotte over the summer, their happy hour deals were the business...

Que.P said...

A lower cost of living usually intells lower pay grades, doesn't it? But I'm a city girl by far. Can't get with the country living. IF I ever left the Chicagoland area, it'd have to be for a another major city. I doubt that I'd do NY or LA unless I was just majorly ballin outta control but it's gotta be big city living for me. Otherwise I would've stayed in Champaign.

antithesis said...

pg county is not country. it's 220-something by my house and i'm salty because i got gas like monday nite from that very station for 247. ugh!

Anonymous said...

lol Columbus and Indianapolis are on the same level though!

T said...

@ err'body Maybe I should have titled this "Move away from Chicago" rather than move to the country. I dunno.

@ anonymous The NAP does, indeed, classify as coutry... rather country actually (what I saw of it anyway).

@ Antithesis, we only went to PG Plaza and it was more hood than country, but the food was inexpensive.

@ Kay, that's so exciting that you were on Property Virgins. I'll look for you now.

@ que.p, it probably does mean a lower salary (unless you negotiate correctly), but the prices of things are enticing.

Luvvie (aka Queen IG) said...

T, gas is cheap in the Chi too. There are some spots where its like $1.80. YESSSS its 2000 again! Folks better take kegs to the gas station and fill em up. Store em for winter, lol

ThummyB said...

Yeah...gas is cheap away from the major cities...and it'll be really cheap for you b/c you won't be driving anywhere b/c there isn't isht to DO!

brightstarr said...

Gas is about $2.10 here in DC! Yes!!!!