YAY! It's Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday... well, be for real, my birthday is my favorite holiday, but Thanksgiving is my favorite NATIONAL holiday. Even though everyone celebrates in their own way, I love that it's not "necessarily" connected to one religion or another and that no matter your situation, you always have something to be thankful for.
So, here are the top 10 things I'm thanking God for today (this could be a never-ending list, of course, but I'll just give 10 today).
10. That I have a GOOD job and great benefits in these volatile economic times.
9. A much-needed break from my wonderful job. :)
8. A reliable public transportation system (Yes, I'm talking about the CTA. Have you ever been to a city without public trans... a mess).
7. That my heat is included in my rent cost. Amen somebody!
6. My homemade baked macaroni and cheese. (What? You thought I was going to leave food off of this list). If you know me, you know I'm not about to just be cooking for no reason, but Thanksgiving gives me an excuse to throw down. Trust me, it's fire.
5. My loyal Tea & Such readers. Love you all. XOXOXO!!!
4. Barack Obama, his beautiful family and everything his presidency means to my grandmother, my mother, me and all the future generations of Americans.
3. All of my girlfriends [and some of my guys] coming home to the Chi (ready to party). YAY!!!
2. My extended family gathering at my moms house. (I went to the club with my little brother last night. YAY!!!)
1. The love, prayers and undying support of family, friends and mentors.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOURS!!!