Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Get Your Donate On: Minds Matter

Even though you've stopped giving $7 and $8 donations to the Obama campaign, you can still put that money to good use. (Honestly, I can't believe David Plouffe is still hitting my e-mail inbox up for donations. I'm like dude, we won... be easy. LOL! j/k... sort of)

My girl Mo, volunteers with the organization and she's pledged to raise $500 this season. Here's what she has to say:

"I am writing to tell you about a truly rewarding experience I've had with Minds Matter, a not-for-profit mentoring organization with chapters in Boston, Chicago, Denver, New York City, and Portland. Every week, I mentor a high school student with the the potential and ambition to pursue a college education, but who might lack the resources to achieve that dream.

Why did I choose to join this organization you ask? Honestly, I was inspired to get out and volunteer after hearing Michelle Obama speak at the Democratic National Convention and, within a week, I was signed up to be a mentor. I've actually adopted a 2nd mentee as a fluke, so things are getting extra busy.

Minds Matter helps send bright and motivated low-income youth to summer college programs or to four-year, colleges/universities by providing financial assistance to defray the costs of tuition, travel and/or books. Minds Matter helps students to realize their potential and achieve their academic dreams.

Some of the programs are sponsored by Ivy League universities. There is even one program that would allow the students to do an internship in Washington, DC for a federal agency. They would have the opportunity to intern on Capitol Hill. How great is that considering that this is such an exciting time to work on Capitol Hill!!!

As a volunteer-driven organization, we rely on generous donors like you to provide these rewarding opportunities to our deserving students. I hope you will consider personally helping our students achieve their academic dreams by clicking on the link below and making a donation.
On behalf of the Minds Matter family, I thank you in advance for your donation. If you have any questions about Minds Matter please feel free to contact me. For more information, please visit our Web site at www.mindsmatter.org.

Thank you!!

~Monique"

Can you find $5, $2.57 or even $1 to help Mind Matter?

Donate here.

1 comment:

MoCa said...

Thanks so much for posting this for me :-)

Now hopefully, someone will actually believe in the cause (at least a little bit) and DONATE!

~Monique (from Minds Matter Chicago)