Monday, November 10, 2008

Evolver

Hey folks,

I got Evolver in the mail last week. Yes, I'm old school, I still want the entire CD vs. just the MP3s that I like.

At first listen, it's pretty hot. Songs I'm feeling It's Over, Green Light, Take me Away and Good Morning. All hotness. I'm torn on Quickly: love the message, not in love with the squealing delivery. Some of these other joints (Everybody knows, This Time, Satisfaction) have a real Alicia-Keys-you're-depressing-the-hell-outta-me-vibe.

Side note: When is it appropriate to listen to Alicia Keys as of late? Not at home, not in the car, not commuting, not at the club... it's funeral music really.

Anyway back to John. Unlike Get Lifted, I'm not in love. But just like Once Again, I have a feeling it'll grow on me and I'll fall in love. I'm about to listen to it about 20 times and I'll let you know after it's tattooed to my brain.

I love this man's voice!!!

Do you have Evolver? What do you think about it?

8 comments:

Reese said...

evolver is a good litsen for me so far, i bought it on itunes on saturday.

LMAO at the side note

im a huge john legend fan, but i have to hear the disc (well mp3s for me) a few times before i pick out my fave tracks. im calling you later.

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

i see you jamming.

antithesis said...

wow, been a min since i been to your actual page. like the color change.

anyway, i have evolver. i like it. i like quickly (i've learned to get past the sound of it), good morning, everybody knows, satisfaction, and it's over.

i dont know. i guess im an emotional, depressed wreck because i played the sh*t outta alicia in my car and apartment last year. i like evolver. get lifted SH*TS on it, but i like it. and once again lags behind this one for me.

Paris said...

Yeah, in comparison to Get Lifted, Evolver is okay. I listened to it on the way to work this morning and over the weekend. I actually like "Quickly," even though I'm not a big fan of Brandy. Love all the tracks you listed except for Good Morning and absolutely love This Time (I wish a guy would sing that to me) lol.

I have to say that it's a good let it ride when I'm at the crib cleaning CD.

TatooTuesday said...

Evolver is cool. J. Legend is for the ladies. He has very few songs for the fellas. But he always has a good 4 cuts an album that make it into constant rotation.

On Evolver I like...
Good Morning Intro
Green Light
It's Over
Cross the Line
Satisfaction

A. Keys is dope. I like her music. This CD didn't have the staying power of her other works but there are still songs I listen to whenever I think about them.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Green Light had to grow on me, but now I really like it. I don't have the whole CD yet, but I'm a huge John Legend fan.

Also, I love Alicia Keys! You think her music is funeral music now!? LOL

T said...

For the record, I love Alicia Keys, I just can't figure out when to listen to her music. I've sparked such interest though that I think I'll write a whole post on her. Be looking out.

WiZ said...

cool