I'm off work for the next four days, so I'll be catching up on blogging. My posts may be a bit random, 'cause my head is all over the place, but I'll do my best to make some sense.
Right now I'm going to start with everything I've been meaning to say about the election, but was a bit nervous about the wrong person stumbling across my page and voting the wrong way (and sorry for all the cursing. I do, indeed, need to expand my vocabulary):
1. John McCain is not a bad dude. The world would not have been over if he got elected. It would have been an old hot mess, but not disastrous.
2. Cindy McCain's wardrobe is flyer than a mutha. SO WHAT her suits cost hundreds of thousands of dollars? She's a BALLA!!! Please believe if I was a beer heir everything I have would be high end. I'd have Valentino dental floss, do you hear me?
3. Sarah Palin's outfits were also off the chain. I heard they were giving all $150,000 of her suits to charity. ATTENTION REPUBLICAN PARTY: I am not above charity. Please donate some super fly suits to me.
4. MAN... FUCK Joe the Plumber!!! This dude is the ultimate example of white privilege. Plumbing with no license and has the AUDACITY to talk to a political candidate about how his taxes are too high and allow himself to be recorded. Can you imagine the rhetoric that would come forth if a black or Latino man was out here promoting the fact that they're plumbing without a license and asking for benefits and help from the government?
5. To that same end, what about T, the PR professional? What about thummyb, the auditor, BGG, the writer and Antithesis and Kismet, the grad students. What the fuck about us, politicians? How many times can I watch the debates with you speaking to everyone BUT me. Is my job easier because I live in a big city? Is my life less important because I have an education? Have I no struggles because I've taken it upon myself to want better than a high school education. UGH!
6. BARACK OBAMA IS A BLACK MAN. Yes, he is mixed race, but this is America, people. One drop of black blood makes you a black person. If one more person says he's not black and that I should call him mixed-race, multi-racial, half-white or some other goofy mess, I might explode. What "African-American" do you know who isn't "mixed" race. We ain't light-skinned for nothing out here. Dummies.
7. Obama is the most qualified for the job. Period. His skin color did not win him the election (even if 95% of African Americans voted for him, LOL). What has a black person ever gotten because of their race except speeding tickets, longer prison sentences, unnecessary fear from all races and dirty looks from silly white kids at large universities who think affirmative action is running around taking tests for me. Side Note and News Flash: The UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS DOES NOT HAVE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. Look it up. Sorry, had to get that out for all the racism I endured in undergrad.
And on a completely unrelated note who is Bakari Sellers, 24 and in the South Carolina congress and not hard on the eyes either. Why can't I ever meet these buttoned up dudes?