I haven't done one of these in a minute. My mind and heart are all over the place right now... here goes.
1. Please pray for my sister and her family. They had a horrible apartment fire and lost nearly everything. Thank God everyone is alive and well.
2. A recent study/report came out naming Chicago the most stressful city to live in in America. I didn't disagree then, but given Jennifer Hudson's mom and brother were found dead in their south side home, I wonder what everyone else thinks now. Please pray for Jhud's and her family too. Chi-city IS my city, but it's a got damn shame. Given how I'm feeling right now, I'd seriously consider moving to the country.
3. Why do the Bears have so many noon games this year? Is it because we sucked so bad last year. I would really like to go to church THEN watch the game. The Bears are making it uber difficult.
4. Speaking of church, I'm going to AFC's 8 a.m. service tomorrow and I'm going to BBC's 7 p.m. service. I'm trying to get it in!!! LOL!
5. My girl's ex died in a motorcycle accident last week. He was 28. Life is SO precious.
6. A HS aquaintance just got laid off and several of my friend's companies are laying off as we speak. You all know I love my job, but I appreciate it now more than ever. I keep bracing myself for them to tell us they're cutting healthcare or firing my admin and now I have to make all my own copies (EW!), but that hasn't happened yet. *Sigh of relief* I can't stop thanking God for all my blessings.
7. I've been judging myself like crazy lately. I know there's a better way to do better than to beat myself senseless about areas where I fall short or have made mistakes. Red or green pill, you live and you learn.
8. Completely random, but there's something about a man who takes a good photo and enjoys it that excites me.
9. My computer at home is SO slow. I'm trying to wait on that compuer credit from the job (Maybe that's what they'll cut back on). I want that MAC so bad I can taste it. I was at Kismet's crib in DC plotting on hers like oooh, this is nice.
10. I know you all have seen this video already, but please go check out the commentary on this site. I was crying. These folks are hilarious!!!
11. Peapod is being super nice lately. I got 4 free samples with my last grocery order and good stuff too. Kleenex, All laundry detergent (and a coupon), honey crisp apples and Barilla spinach and ricotta cheese tortellini... You know how I feel about free or discounted stuff. I see you Peapod, trying to keep customers happy. Mission accomplished!
12. Speaking of food, I'm about to get into the most wonderful Saturday morning breakfast. Pancakes, Sausage, eggs, fresh fruit and juice. Yeah... I gotta go.