Ok, folks we're about to get real personal in here today. Yes, we're talking about the bathroom, but not just any bathroom. The bathroom at work. I'd suggest eating your breakfast first and coming back in the afternoon.
Yes, I'm crazy, but if I can't talk about it on Tea & Such, where can I talk about it...
And these are rhetorical questions ok...
10. Do you have friends and co-workers you ONLY see in the bathroom? Your offices aren't near, you don't work on any teams together, but you all seem to be in the bathroom at the same exact time every day.
9. Do you discriminate against co-workers that don't wash their hands in the bathroom? You're like "You know, I don't really want her on my team. I've noticed she isn't extremely thorough."
8. Have you ever taken a nap in the stall at work? My boy at Project Fresh wrote about this, Pure hilarity!
7. Do you ever go to the bathroom to waste time? You're like I COULD work on this project... or I could go to the bathroom... imma go to the bathroom. LOL!
6. On the other hand, when you're really busy, do you forget to go to the bathroom? You're in the hallway on your way there and remember you need to e-mail or fax something or make a call. Then you're like what was I SUPPOSED to be doing. It's a shame when you have to put bathroom breaks on your to-do list. Ah... client services.
5. Have you ever gone to the bathroom just to scratch a mosquito bite? Every time I go on vacation I come back to work with some mosquito bites on my thighs that I can't quite get to in my office... I'm not scratching my goodies, but it'd appear that I was, so I just have to to the bathroom to get it done... Yah well...
4. We were out to dinner discussing how good Fiber One cereal tastes (I know, I know, we come with the HOT TOPICS, lol) and one of my co-workers was like "yeah, but doesn't that make you have to GO at work?" And I'm like *eyebrow raised* "you don't GO at work?" I spend 10-12 hours of every Monday through Friday at work. WHY would I torture myself and wait until I get home to let the inevitable happen...
3. On that same note, does your place of work have a special stall? At my office there is one toilet stall that's specifically dedicated to well... #2. It's understood when you go into THAT stall what's about to happen. When you're IN that stall, you see people come into the bathroom, make a bee line to that stall and when they notice you're in there they leave out, go get another cup of coffee and come back. Only people who work at my job can attest to how ridiculously funny this is.
2. Keeping in line with this topic, do you put that liner in the toilet before you go to prevent um... bathroom noise? If not, try it... works like a dream. We need to get some elevator music in there, for real. I'm gonna make myself useful and put that in the suggestion box.
1. Now that we've got the big ish out of the way... do your co-workers pee in a rush? I swear I must have too many buttons on my skirts or zippers and belts on my pants or something, but almost daily someone will come in the bathroom after I come in, pee, wash their hands and be back out before I've even lined the seat. And let's be for real, if they move that quick, they're just wrenchin' their hands, which brings me back to number 9.
We're all in a rush at my job, but damn, some things you need to take your time for.