Monday, October 27, 2008

Misuse and abuse of Leggings

I've crossed over to the dark side. Yep, I now own three pairs of leggings and I actually wear them. And I'm not going to lie to you... I look good in 'em. I still hate 'em though. Not on me, on most everyone else. And here's why:


1) Because contrary to popular belief, shiny leggings are not for everyone. She wore this on the yard. Um... ick.


2. Because the patterns and prints can get to be a bit much. You go from looking stylish to looking like you've been shopping in your toddler's closet. (You know little kids look lovely in some patterned leggings)



3. I don't even know where to start. These shoes and leggings didn't even have a chance.



UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
4. A gift from thummyb... There are no words.

P.S. It's going to get up to 44 degrees in Chicago today and it might snow later... Womp.

12 comments:

antithesis said...

i like the shoes in the last pic... however, she did not throw em right by puttin' on those horrible cheapie leggings on her unattractive legs. inappropriate!

WiZ said...

wow. i dont like em at all. but the middle one is funny

TatooTuesday said...

I've seen girls look cute in leggings. None of these pictures are examples of that.

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

last pic is sacry

Southside_Superstar said...

Somebody gone WHOOP yo lightweight ass over snapping these shoots off! Good work though!Leggings aren't for everyone as you have well illustrated. but when done correctly...DAMN! For the most part I hate em!

ThummyB said...

You should have posted the pic that I sent you...ole girl in the pink...A MESS!

Cris said...

LMAO I agree with antithesis. Shoes I could do, leggings, no way!

I would never do myself like that. I am a big girl and there is no way in hell you would catch me in leggings. I don't even wear them under my pants in the cold Chicago Hawk! I guess next we will see some people with leggings and those leg warmers like in flash dance, LOL

Have some respect people!

Reese said...

shiiiid, my woman be wearing the leggings and leg warmers, I HATE THAT SHIT with a passion that burns deeply in my soul, she likes it though, i plot on stealing every pair and burning them and dancing around them like an indian doin a raindance

T said...

@ antithesis & cris, I like the shoes in pic 3 too. I was actually trying to get a shot of the shoes because her feet were rolling out of the front of them, then it turned into a legging photo. Whatev...

@ thummyb, you are SO right and #4 has been added. A mess indeed!

@ 4S You need to start taking photos and put them on somebody's blog. I can't even imagine the hilarity that would ensue.

Southside_Superstar said...

look I tray and stay above all the madness...but...check you email in a few minutes.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I finally broke down and got a few pair of leggings a couple of years ago. They look nice on some people...again some people - not all!! LOL

Thanks for the laugh. I sure needed it.

brightstarr said...

Thank you for this post. People need to know that not everyone should be allowed to wear this trend. There ARE rules.