Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tea's Top 10: Things to do in the Chi

These aren't really the top 10 things to do in the Chi. They're more like the top 10 things I see/think about on my way to work and things you [and I] should consider doing as an adult even if you did it already as a child.

10. Go to the Shedd Aquarium
9. Go to the Field Museum
8. Go to the Adler Planetarium
7. Go to the Museum of Science & Industry
6. Go to the Art institute of Chicago
5. Go to the tops of the Sears Tower and John Hancock buildings
4. Take the free trolley
3. Volunteer on all-volunteer day with Chicago Cares
2. Pick a cause, run and/or walk a race for it
1. Walk, run, eat, sit and or have a picnic along the lake by the museum campus in the south loop. It's absolutely breathtaking

(Like Timeout Chicago says, if you're bored in Chicago, it's not our fault)

8 comments:

Reese Johnson said...

yo im tryin to go check out that jeff koons exhibit this week before it leave...down?

T said...

What day you thinkin'? My schedule is pretty locked up this week and P's wedding is going to shut us all down.

Que.P said...

I guarantee that come next spring, you will add the Buckingham Fountain to this list. The landscaping there is undergoing major reconstruction in preparation for the Olympic committee meeting on April 1st.

TatooTuesday said...

I volunteer at Chicago Cares... Its cool except for they worked me like a slave. I don't mind manual labor but they had me painting a school and I'm allergic to certain paints. Luckily I was on Team Microsoft and met a lot of cool people.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I have YET to go to the Shedd Aquarium and I'm 28 years old and have lived in Chicago for 23 of them!! I must go, oh and I want to go to Millennium Park since I haven't been there either!

T said...

@ BGG, definitely wait til June of 2009 to go to the Shedd when they get done with the renovations. The Dolphins, Penguins and Whales will be back by then. (Let me know too, 'cause I still have a legal hook-up at the front door)

Eb the Celeb said...

I love love love Chicago

April-October only though

the rest of those months are so cold it makes you want to slap somebody

brightstarr said...

Chicago is still my favorite city. I've done about every one of these things except (I'm embarrassed to say) numbers 2 & 3. Great list! I'll have to make a list like this for DC at some point.