Friday, September 19, 2008

T-shirts and Such

So I have a love affair with words. I love to talk. I love to write (teaandsuch, poetry, I even enjoy those press releases and client memos.)

Thummyb and Dorian can tell you how unattractively excited I get about good game: i.e. smooth words from men (usually lies), but whatever.

I love words. In addition to always thinking about phrases I should put on a shirt (Tell a friend; If I'm making a face it's probably because of what YOU look like, not the other way around; You suck as a person; Yes, I wake up looking this good, etc, etc). I digress, in addition to my personal love of sassy t-shirts I love seeing other folks' t-shirts.

Below find a bunch of shirts I've seen over the course of the summer at my second job. (And I think this is about it for second job fodder... I think.)

Shirts I don't like on Kids
Hello My name is Trouble
Troublemaker
Trouble
This is what trouble looks like (with an arrow pointing up)
Nothing, but trouble
(Pretty much any reference to trouble... because it's a self-fulfilling prophecy)

Aren't you glad you're not my parent?
Easily Distracted (on a kid that could have easily had a learning disability. Not cute.)
You look like my next girlfriend (on a fat boy that was too old for it to be cute, but too young to buy his own clothes, so you know his parents bought it. Again, not okay.)
Do I look like I care (On a 13 or 14 year old. Um... if you're not old enough to support yourself, you don't have a right to care or not care)
Diva (written across on a little girl's butt)
Dancer (written across a little girl's butt)
ANY EFFING THING WRITTEN ACROSS A LITTLE GIRL'S BUTT
Aerie Fit (on an obese child. I'm sure it's some sort of name brand, but the word "FIT" doesn't need to be emblazoned across your 300 lb six year old's breasts... it's just WRONG)

Shirts I don't know if I like or not
Gimme Some Suger
I see you talking, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah

Shirts I think are adorable (on small children)
Part Time Super Star
My parents are EXHAUSTED
I still live with my mom
This is how I roll (with a picture of a tootsie roll on it)
Dr. Suess Thing 1, Thing 2 and Thing 3 shirts on brothers and sisters

Grown folks shirts that are funny to me
I don't know Karate, but I know Karazy
Don't act like you don't want some of this (always on a wack dude)
I represent the Street (with a picture of Sesame Street characters on it)
Respect my peeps (with pictures of baby chicks on it)
Keep staring... I might do a trick (I need this shirt in my life)

So... what are the best/worst/funniest t-shirts you've ever seen? (And you don't HAVE to include the explicit cancun/miami spring break shirts. We've all seen them, they're not really funny.)

6 comments:

brightstarr said...

Wait, you love Obama AND the Bears? We're clearly virtual sisters. You've definitely been bookmarked!

I just googled baby-tees and found these!

I think they're going for shock value - doubt many people buy these for their kids, right? Still funny though. Bad taste - yes, but funny.

antithesis said...

i agree with u. i'm against message shirts on kids because that is SO 2005. mind you i still love and wear a shirt that says "music is where my heart is". but it's not offensive, it's honest.

Reese Johnson said...

my personal fave shirt is one that says make love not babies

PBW said...

I don't like pricey designer names on kids clothes unless those parents have stocked that kid's college fund.

PhlyyGirl said...

I have a shirt that says "So fresh and so green" with a picture of a little tree car freshener on it. Def my fave

KD said...

Ok, I'm late with commenting cuz I'm trying to catch up some. But I was at a party a couple weeks ago and this guy had on a shirt that said:

"Put your pu$$y here" then had an arrow pointing to his mouth...and an arrow pointing to his penis.

Oh, did I forget that the shirt was purple and gold...

So no need for me to say that he was a Que.