Sunday, September 21, 2008

Question of the day: Free photo sharing?

Hey Folks,

I pissed at Kodak because they erased ALL my photo albums (R&Ps engagement, D's weddings, D's house visit, R&P's Bahamian wedding [more than 200 photos that I uploaded one by one]. I emailed them and they said they sent me an email saying that I needed to make a qualifying purchase by a certain time in order to keep my photos and I didn't respond to their email. I'm pretty sure it went to Spam, 'cause I didn't see an email about it AT ALL. Now I have to go buy photo and they'll restore my albums within a week, if I share the purchase ID email with some email address they provided, etc, etc. Complicated, I know.

I understand that they have to make money, but don't say you're a free site, if you're not a free site. I wonder how long until Facebook starts charging people. Whatever...

Do you know which photo sites are totally free besides facebook and Kodak Easy Share Gallery?

8 comments:

Paris said...

Shutterfly.com. I used the site 2 years ago to share photos from my 24th b-day and its still free.

antithesis said...

photobucket.com

ThummyB said...

Photobucket is my fav. Kodak has never been a free site. When you sign up it tells you that you have to make a purchase within a certain amount of time. I have never bought anything. However, I really don't have much up on Kodak's website b/c their upload fails all the time.

lysander rodriguez said...

Hi,

First of all sorry to hear about your issues with Kodak. I use Hoorray they are quick and easy to use.

Kismet said...

wtf? FOOLISHNESS!

I use Picassa and Flickr alternating. Flickr has a 200 pic limit though. And since I never actually download albums to real life (like to Walgreens or whatever) I don't know if they are capable of that. I think Picassa does.

I heard shutterfly was cool too.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I use Picasa. It's thru Gmail/Google and is great because it's super easy.

kay* said...

on flickr you can have up to 200 for free and it has great features for organizing etc. a pro account allows you unlimited and it's $25 a year....a small amount in the big picture. plus if you buy before sept.30 you get 3 extra months free. ya. i have a pro account-lol. i sound like a damn ad for flickr but i've found it easy to use.

blah blah blah said...

photobucket is a good one