This came from a homie in an email, read, go to the event, support Obama. :) If you don't feel like reading it all, I highlighted the most important stuff
Young and Powerful for Obama is a group of young professionals that share one common theme -- being great role models and community leaders. With a commitment to service and upward mobility, members represent a multitude of backgrounds, such as political organizing, fundraising, lobbying, education, public policy, architecture, journalism, law, entertainment, business, advertising, medicine, fashion, marketing, and the for-profit and non-profit sectors.
In the past year Young & Powerful for Obama has raised over $50,000 in 7 cities through over 1000 donors for the Obama for America campaign. Our efforts have been featured in various news sources including the Washington Post and the New York Post.
On Thursday, September 25th, Chicago will host the last installment before Election Day of the Young and Powerful benefit series titled Young & Powerful for Obama: The Final Countdown at the Blu Coral, a benefit that will be held in 7 cities all in one week in support of U.S. Senator Barack Obama's movement towards the White House.
While we know many of you won't be able to join us, donating to the event (and thus the campaign) will be much appreciated.Click the link below and do the following:
2) Fill out the information and pay online on bottom of webpage. (min. donation $25.00) and sign up for event.
3) Add the person who told you about the event in the "comment" section.
4) Invite your friends via site to the event. Make payment and print the confirmation page out and bring it with you/but your name will be on a list as well.
5) Spread the word to your family, friends and fellow Obama supporters by forwarding this email to your contacts
6) Come out and network with fellow Obama supporters and have a great time.With Hope,Chicago's Young and Powerful for Obama