Monday, August 4, 2008

Tea's Tangents

1. As far as summer weekends in the Chi go, this past was the best one in '08 thusfar. I definitely think it's one for the books.

2. Pastor Jenkins at Fellowship said 8 is the number of new beginnings. I'm trying to figure out if that's scriptural, astrological or his vision for his church this year. I've never heard that before, so if you know something about it, please put me up on game.

3. DJ Jazzy Jeff spun at the Blackberry party on Thursday. 90s music mixed in with today's hot joints... Indescribable HOTNESS. I'm still singing la da di, la da da... la da di, la da da.

4. Reese is never going to finish his part of the tandem blog, so just stop looking forward to it. ***Insert sad face here*** Does anyone else want to do a tandem blog with me? Maybe he'll see how hot our tandem is, get mad because it was HIS idea, then have motivation to write.

5. Yesterday, I wanted a car so bad. I decided to get off the red line and transfer to a bus that would drop me off right in front of my door, rather than taking the train that drops me off about a mile from the house. I waited 20 minutes for that bus, then it was packed to the brim and dummies acted like they didn't know how to move to the back. While waiting for the bus I was thinking about how I'd choose a car, what the note would be, how that would affect my condo saving, the insurance, the gas, the parking fees, the parking tickets, the speeding tickets and the inevitably leaving my car somewhere because I'm too slammed to drive it home and having to go pick it up in the morning and forgetting where I left it, then I decided, the packed bus is ok. I'll get a car after I buy a condo.

6. It's not ok for people to wear sunglasses inside anywhere. Church (sorry young choir member, even on youth Sunday that's out of order), the Club, R & P's Chicago wedding reception... NO WHERE. However, being the analytical person I am, I've discovered a way to make myself feel better about the situation. Instead of pointing out the said dummy that insists on shading his eyes from the blaring artificial indoor light, I've convinced myself that ALL dummies wearing sunglasses inside are cross-eyed. AND the only way said dummy could compete with the rest of the world is to wear sunglasses. Then I feel much better about the situation.

And you know me, I've taken it to the next level. When said dummy takes off the glasses, I still see him as cross-eyed and therefore cannot communicate with him AT ALL for fear that I might say something ignorant like "Are you looking at me or her? ...just checking."

7. Please tune in tomorrow, I have a "Do You See What I See/Question of the Day" combo, you won't want to miss.

8. Lastly, scroll down to Friday's post and answer the Ed Hardy question, if you haven't already. I'm so serious.

6 comments:

Reese Johnson said...

check ur email woman!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

What made this past weekends one of the best? Was the weather really good?

That Blackberry party sounds like it was a lot of fun. I've always wanted to go to a party where they only played 80s and 90s music. For my 30th b-day I hope to have that...that's 2 years from now! LOL

I agree with the sunglasses statement!!

T said...

Thursday - Dinner and hot party with the ladies
Friday - QT, followed by R&P's Chicago wedding reception.
Saturday - Worked, but got a lot of rest that evening
Sunday - Worked, but made it to church at night

Did some of my favorite things, saw a bunch of my favorite people, spent minimal cash and the weather was LOVELY!!!

T said...

The only thing that would have made it better is some family time, but we can't have it all now, can we?

ThummyB said...

Re. 8 and new beginnings. Check out this link: http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/8.html

ThummyB said...

Shoot. It got cut off. Try this:

http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/
meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/8.html