Friday, August 1, 2008

Question of the Day: Ed Hardy

Who is Ed Hardy and when did his shirts get hot?

I know I could google him, but I want to know how you know about him. The reason I ask is because I've seen EVERYONE wearing Ed Hardy shirts. Soccer moms, gangstas, bikers, bicylers, high school students, middle age folks ... err'body. I saw a purple Ed Hardy tank at a discount store for $45... and that was AT A DISCOUNT STORE!

I'm not fashion forward or anything, but I usually recognize brands before they become household staples.

Someone, please enlighten me.

3 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I first heard about Ed Hardy when I watched Janice Dickenson's modeling reality TV show about 2 years ago.

I don't see that many people here in NYC wearing it, but I think it's really popular in LA.

Que.P said...

I dunno who he is either.

kay* said...

his line is pretty popular in l.a. - his line has a kind of...urban hipster biker feel (if that makes sense) i'm 99% certain he's the guy behind the von dutch line that was big a few years ago. the two lines have a similar vibe.