I did it folks. Yesterday I opened up an Orange Savings Account with ING Direct. Kim let me know in April on our grown folks trip that the OSA really is that deal. I was dragging my feet when I first heard about it more than four years ago. I'm not a trailblazer or anything like that, so I want to make sure the bank's not going to fail and that my money is FDIC insured before I electronically send it anywhere.
BUT I always knew I wouldn't be getting my grown woman on until I opened one. Well, it's official: I'm an adult. LOL!
Now here are the Tea's Top 10 reasons you TOO should open an Orange Savings Account, if you haven't already.
10. All the grown folks are doing it.
9. They have a delightful little cafe on Chestnut between State and Wabash. Not only can you go in and chill, watch the news, check your email and/or read the paper, you can open an account AND you get a free coffee for opening it (Do you know how much a grande latte or Chai Tea will set you back these days?) To add to the ambiance the people who work there are uber-nice AND they donate all of their pastries to charity at the end of the evening. If you go there close to 7 p.m., they will consider you charity and give you all the pastries you can take. I definitely came up in more ways than one today.
8. If you open an account and give them my name, I can get some dough. (FREE MONEY)
7. If you open an account, then one of your friends opens an account you can get some dough (FREE MONEY)
6. If you open it with $250 they give you a bonus $25. You KNOW how I feel about free money!
5. There's no minimum balance to open an account. That's right one penny can get you started.
4. You can set up automatic withdrawals from your checking account from another bank, so the loot is out of sight, out of mind.
3. The APY is 3.0 (This really should be the ONLY reason you need, but... you know, I have a blog to maintain here)
2. Because wealth building is important to foster and maintain the strongest communities and when my paper gets long[er] you cannot borrow any money.
1. Because in the time it took you to read this post you could have already opened an account.
Do you have an Orange Savings Account?