Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Do You See What I See/Question of the Day

Now folks, let's use context clues, shall we. There's a glimpse of a white cake on a table to the left, round tables with centerpieces and fully clothed adults in the background, someone's family member looking nice in gold right with an evening bag up front. Where might I have been when I took this picture... a wedding reception, yes, it was a wedding reception indeed.

And what do we have here? A ho. Yes, a ho. A ho in black actually with silver spiked stilletos and a full weave. Smack dab in between R&P's Chicago wedding reception. Not only would she have looked a mess at a wedding reception, but she also would have looked a mess at a club, on a date, pretty much anywhere that wasn't the ho stroll. And according to my big brother she has a man. BUT I thought it through for the purposes of this post and decided that having a man doesn't mean you're not a ho. Reformed ho... maybe. Married ho... perhaps, but ho indeed.

So now for the question of the day. Do you think this dress is wedding appropriate? If you think it's wedding appropriate, nevermind my commentary to the contrary, please share your thoughts.

13 comments:

Reese Johnson said...

hell to the naw this isnt wedding appropriate. i mean its not super bad....well i need to see the front but yeah never wear your little black dress that every ghetto promoter usually has a night set aside for, i mean a little cleavage is cool, even showing some leg but damn........uh did u get my email?

Kismet said...

Um...T.

I like the shoes and the dress. And she can't be blamed for the budanunkadunk. Believe me. I know. (Unless that is artificially enhanced, in which case, booooo!) So from this pic I actually don't get the ho vibe. Maybe I needed to be there to see it.

But I do get the club vibe. It is definitely a club dress. And if I hadn't picked up on the "context clues" (hilarious) I would have thought that was where she was.

And I also blame her friends for letting her leave the house inappropriately!

Kismet said...

And damn Reese! I was trying to be first!

ThummyB said...

Ahahahaha! Completely wedding inappropriate, and that's all that I'm going to say about that.

T said...

Kismet, she looked a h.a.m. After taking the photo I realized that it didn't fully capture the mess, but trust me, it was a mess. She was the ONLY person at the wedding looking like that.

Reese, I didn't get your email, re-send please. :)

Reese Johnson said...

im just saying it is not right for a wedding, i cant wait for sept 20th!

T said...

My bad Reese, I got it.

ThummyB said...

@ Kismet...I saw it with mine own two eyes, and it wasn't a good look. It was definitely skin tight, very short in the back and very low in the front w/4'' heels.

The thing is there is classy sexy and trashy sexy. The line btwn the two is very fine, but I'm thinking that an outfit that doesn't quite flatter the body or leaves nothing to the imagination is where we begin to cross the line. Even in the club, this young lady would have been standing somewhere around the 20 yd line...definitely not center field.

**Not getting on the roast bandwagon...just breaking down the distinction for those who may not be clear.**

BIG MIKE said...

Look hoes are a welcome sight at a wedding! Some one has to set it out after the reception is over. The dress is just a marketing vehicle (Tea can appreciate that). She/He is just letting it be known that "it" is available. However I would suggest only having top quality hoes at your special event, that way they only add to the glamor of the occasion.

Que.P said...

Short AND tight is never approprite in my code of dress. It's either one or the other. And from the looks of it, she probably has her cleavage showing too? Absolutely too much for any occasion.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Very inappropriate!!! No ifs, ands or but(t)s about it! She knows that's not proper attire for a wedding. I mean seriously!!

kay* said...

ouch! not appropriate at all. whoa. i can't believe she went 'there'

b.enchanted said...

For the record, I would make a ho LEAVE your wedding, T.