Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The DNC is on and POPPIN'

That's right folks, it's hyped in Denver right now. Here's a recap (with Tea's commentary, of course) and be sure to watch live as our future President, Barack Obama, gives the speech of a lifetime Thursday around 8 p.m. MT.



South Side Stand Up!

Favorite Line: "My girls will tell their children... In this great country where a girl from the south side of Chicago can go to college and law school and a son of a single mother from Hawaii can go all the way to the White House that we committed ourselves to building the world as it should be"

Yeah, we went to the same high school!!!




*singing like Queen Latifah* U-N-I-T-Y

Favorite line: "No McCain, No Way, No How."

Way to get to the point, Madam Senator!!!



*like Smokey on Friday* That's my dawg!!! That's my dawg!!!

Favorite line: "People have been impressed by the power of our example, rather than the example of our power."

He redeemed himself from all the hate he was underhandedly throwing at Obama during the campaign. Way to stick together!




*Biden's mom is an OG, believe that.*

Favorite Line: "Barack Obama, the next President of the United States"

Seems no one's uploaded the whole speech yet, but please watch it if you didn't. His mom is no joke. She could go up against Barbara Bush anyday. Let the games begin!!!

Also great speeches by the Montana governor, Jesse Jackson, Jr., John Kerry and Bill Richardson. (I'm not youtubing all that for y'all. Get back to work!!!)

5 comments:

Kismet said...

Yea yea yea yea yea yea yea!!!!!

I'm not impressed with Bill. But I think--THINK--I'm satisfied.

I loved everyone else.

I love how Love Train played when Obama officially got the nomination, lol.

And I've probably cried at more speeches during this election season than ever in my life. Which is as it should be.

*sigh. can't wait for the O's speech tomorrow....

Kismet said...

But why was Bill SUCH A ROCKSTAR!!!!!! I did LOVE that! And I cried. Again.

Kismet = Very emotional this election

T said...

Kismet, you're confusing me. First you're not impressed with Bill, then Bill is a rock star. Two different Bills? Did you change your mind?

Man, what are you talking about!!!

Kismet said...

Bill, the Rock Star, was stll unimpressive in his effort to bridge the gap over his racist shennangins.

Better?

T said...

Oh yeah. Makes sense now. I agree.