Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Taste of Chicago

You all know I work too much, so I've been missing out on a bunch of social activities this summer. So I made plans to go to the Taste of Chicago on Sunday and found out it was the absolute last day. Not only was it the last day, but I had to work, so we didn't get there until 5, they stopped selling tickets at 5:30 and stopped serving food at 6 (or so they say). Man, I had to get it in though.

I had:
- A boneless rib sandwich from Sweet Baby Ray's
- Mustard fried catfish from BJ's
- A chicken burrito from Los Dos Laredos and
- A slice of key lime pie from JR Dessert Bakery

Big ups to cousin Derrick for hooking me up with two tickets when I realized I was a lil' short for the key lime pie. In retrospect, it wasn't worth 7 whole tickets. I should have gotten some Eli's cheesecake like I always do, but whatever.

And in honor of the Taste in the best city in the world (and people grinding everywhere), check out my girl from college with a report on the Taste.


5 comments:

Mchicago said...

We wish you had visited the Eli's Cheesecake Booth as well!

Come visit us this summer at Eli's Cheesecake World on Chicago's north side this summer----Thursday Farmers Market with Wright College and September Eli's Cheesecake Festival.

Best wishes,

Marc Schulman
Eli's President

T said...

Hey Marc,

I work in PR and completely appreciate your hustle. Email me and let me know who does Eli's PR. Also, send me some more information and maybe I'll do a post on the above events. I have the biggest sweet tooth!

antithesis said...

aww, im so jealous. i never make it to those things. glad you were able to make it in.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I'm soooo sad I missed the Taste. i was there too. :-(

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I mean I was in Chicago.