Thursday, July 31, 2008

Because I love a good sale

Today, because I love a good sale, I wanted to let you all know about a sale I just ran across (literally). Macy's overstock is having a sheet sale in the Avenue Hotel (corner of St. Clair & Huron), 7th floor.

1, 6-piece sheet set - $20
3, 6-pieice sheet sets - $50
(Sets include 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat, 4 pillow cases)

Bath Sheets - 3 for $10
(bath sheets=towels the size of your bed sheets) - 3 for $10

400-thread count
Egyptian Cotton

Th, Fri & Sat 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.

I walked out of there with a BIG cheesy smile on my face. Now I have to figure out how to work this extra junk into the budget.

Deal of the year homies!

5 comments:

ThummyB said...

Maaaan...I really want to get there tomorrow...but I'm trying to be more fiscally responsible.

Let's see...I want to upgrade my bed, so it would be irresponsible for me to buy more sheets in the current size. Plus I just bought 4 new towel sets from Target last week.

Ok...I feel better about passing this one up.

Paris said...

Dang...that is soo what's up. I'm at Dilliard's thinking I'm coming up on their closing 75% off sale. Lord knows I need some new linens.

T said...

@ thummyb, way to be responsible. I was thinking about just getting one, then I was thinking about the last time I saw sheets for $20. I can't even recall, so I was probably in diapers. You got a good plan though.

@ Paris, let me know if you want me to stop by and grab some for you. I sent out an email and err'body was like "I need new sheets." They're like underwear... you could never have too many.

kay* said...

you are the second person i've heard blog about this macys overstock thing! how often do they have it - is it publicized before hand??? i really want to be in NY the next time it comes around...

T said...

This was in Chicago and nope, there was no advertisement. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and actually took a flyer from the guy on the street who everyone was bypassing because they thought he was selling some garbage.