Monday, June 30, 2008

Tea's Tangents

1. The blogosphere is surprisingly quiet today. It must be because BGG's on vacation.

2. Where's the tomato?!?!?! That's what I was screaming in my office while eating my FRIED chicken sandwich from Popeyes. The ban is lifted, they owe me at least 87 cents for leaving my tomato off the sandwich. (Yes, I ate Popeyes for lunch, Operation get it right is not a joke.)

3. Thanks to Operation get it right (right quick) a good majority of my jeans don't fit. I'll be wearing dresses for the rest of the summer. LOL!

4. I want a laptop. I was going to save up to get one, but the instant gratification of clearing the hallway where my desktop sits and using it as closet space AND simultaneously cancelling my AT&T super slow DSL is much more tantalizing than having a debt-free portfolio.

Do you have any suggestions? I secretly want a MAC, but I'm a punk. What if I can't figure it out? What if I can't get my pictures from my Dell PC over to my MAC. What if no one emails me anymore because my computer isn't compatible? What if facebook looks weird? Yeah... I'm not getting a MAC. I have a dell now, but I kind of don't want that either because these fools are not located in America and I get tired of sitting on the phone for hours with people not understanding what I'm saying.

BUT I don't know exactly what to get. Again, if you have a laptop you love, let me know. It doesn't need to be fancy, but I need to be able to hook a mouse up to it. And the screen needs to be big enough that I don't need glasses, but small enough that I don't get a hernia when I lug it to Argo Tea Cafe.

5. I'm looking for a white maxi dress. If you've seen one in the stores lately, let me know. (A store I can get to in the city of Chicago (not the 'burbs), of course. Online shopping won't work this time around).

UPDATE:

6. Everyday I wake up and my hair does something different than it did the day before. Now it's decided to be curly. Fine by me. Now I have people stopping me on the street asking me how I got it "like that." And I always trip up a little bit before I say... it's natural. I almost feel like I'm lying to people, 'cause it never occurred to me that people would envy my God-given natural texture. It's pretty effin' cool, actually. :)

7 comments:

antithesis said...

get a mac. i went from a dell to a mac with no problem. you can just send me a message if you need help!

the blogosphere is quiet on my end because i started work today. expect my replies in the evenings. my posts will remain at their regularly scheduled times.

i was missing the tomato on my five guys yesterday, too.

Nerd Girl said...

I've heard Macs are the way to go. I was contemplating the same thing earlier this month. I think I'm going to buy a new desktop (another Dell). Strictly financial reasons though. If our budget allowed - I'd be lugging a Mac by now.

I know exactly what you mean on the hair thing! I always, and I mean always do a double take when someone compliments my locks. Takes a little getting used to, but isn't it awesome?!?

Celishia said...

I suggest a mac as well. I had no problems transferring my pics, music, documents, etc. There are several ways to do it but I think I just used my flash drive. Everything looks better in my opinion. No issues with facebook except there is a separate app for loading photos now but it works about the same as loading them on facebook. No issues with email or anything of the sort. As far as PCs, Compaq also outsources overseas. I don't know how many times I hung up and started all over again due to miscommunication. However, I haven't had any issues with my mac in 1.5 years. I had already sent my PC in 3 three times for repairs in the same amount of time.

I'm glad you're loving your hair and it's ever-changing glory. I know I love mine.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Thanks for the shout-out! :-) I really missed checking out your blog while I was in Chicago.

I couldn't live without my MAC computers (at work and at home). They're the absolute best and very user-friendly. I say go for it!!

Paris said...

Get a MAC girl. I have a refurbished iBook and it works wonderfully. I think Lauren has one too. Everything is so clear and I rarely have problems (like pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del every 5 minutes).

KB said...

Go with the Mac, Ti! Brit and I just hit the Apple Store and got them...One of the best decisions ever!

ThummyB said...

Ummm...do some research on Mac compatibility as well as usefulness with business applications. I have heard that they are great for graphics, but not very powerful in a business setting. I have also heard that there are sometimes issues with compatibility with Microsoft applications. Since Microsoft is pretty much king right now, then you want to be able to sync seamlessly with any of their software.