1. BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything hotter than this:
That's right folks. The future first lady of these great United States just gave her husband a DAP. *screaming* THAT'S WHAT'S UP.
3. Everyone's blogging about Obama BGG, Kismet, Jack and Jill, Angry Black Woman (both of which you can see from Kismet's page),Nerd Girl . Even Jesse Jackson, Jr. (who knew politicians even knew how to blog) - Now someone sent me his post in an email minus the link. Womp. He's not getting his own post on my blog, so if someone has the link, let me know and I'll add.
4. I wore my Obama button today with a red shirt layered on top of a white shirt with blue jeans. Yeah, I was getting my low key patriotism on! I have never met so many nice people in one day. Genuinely happy people... people who without my button would never talk to me and I would never feel the need to talk to him. Obama brings folks together EVERYWHERE. This is an awesome awesome feeling.
5. There was nothing low key about how I decorated my door though. Every paper I could get my hand on was taped to my office door. Obama Won! He's the One! Obama's the One! Obama Made History! The Chicago Tribune cover is my favorite. I think because it's him AND Michelle. It's classic, to the point, pure hotness!
And in non-Obama tangents...
6. I'm having a label-free kind of week. i.e. I'm not considering nutrition labels this week. I'm eating what I want, which right now is a pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked.
7. I haven't been to Sweat Shop since Thursday, which means I'm going to have to pay double for #6
8. I lost $8.12 on an Ebay sale. This is what happens when you grossly underestimate shipping. On the bright side I have one less thing cluttering my studio and I learned a valuable lesson. USE THE SHIPPING COST ESTIMATOR. It's there for a reason.
9. While I thoroughly enjoy my new gig, they completely pissed me off today. How does an organization call a mandatory meeting, then cancel it without notifying EVERYONE that is was cancelled. I guess they got the message to all but two people: me and the other confused lady running around the building looking for a meeting. I dare you to guess if I'll even attempt to go to any other "mandatory" meetings.
10. I gotta go pack for Houston. Good night.