Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On blast

With the technological phenomenon that is the cell phone, comes all kinds of ridiculousness and debauchery. Of late (the last year or so), I've been getting a lot of grown men who are sour for some reason or another (most commonly because their attempts at catching up with me have come up short). Anyway they feel the need to tell me about thier FEELINGS via text message.

Attention losers: If you send me wack text messages, you're getting put ON BLAST. [I won't even humor tea & such readers with my responses. Some of you all might get fired and Reese would definitely break his phone.]

Ahem...

"When I first met you, I thought I had lucked up on a mad cool sista, but this entire episode has been extremely wack."

"I do apologize for making u lose whatever interest u had in me."

The following is an oldie, but goodie, a reoccuring theme, if you will

"I was hoping we could still be friends"

Womp, Womp and WOMP!!!

10 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Hilarious! Gotta love text messaging. LOL!

antithesis said...

text messages are the WORST! what did you do to these poor men to have them acting like sensitive females???? awww... hilarious!

ThummyB said...

Wow. I had no idea you were dealing with this kind of drama. You must be a serious heart breaker. Womps all around.

T said...

LOL! I'm NOT a heartbreaker, I'm just a seriously busy woman. You folks have seen/heard about my schedule. Dudes get touched if they get my number on the weekend, but can't catch up with me during the week.

It's quite baffling actually. If I were on the other end, I'd just stop calling the person. Like P said, How much energy did he waste in 7 days calling me that required him to send a text message of that caliber, you know, with his feelings hurt and everything.

Maybe a man can weigh in on this ridiculousness?

T said...

"BTW... I could never send a text like the young fellas you mentioned in your blog. Texts 1, 2 & 3 were just ridiculous. My personal fav, "I'm sorry I made you lose the interest you had in me." Nigga this is ain't no damn pity party. I would've replied back, you texting me stuff like this is why I lost interest. Whoever texted you that has been listening to too much Ralph Tresvant. I just don't get it!"

From Dion via fb msg

black_sun said...

Note to Self: Sharing your feelings won't make women think you are sensitive and caring, only weak and emotionally frail. Feelings are bad, NEVER have any.

Product Junkie Diva said...

"I was hoping we could still be friends"
LOL LOL awwwwww I shouldn't laugh at these fellas...oh well why not everyone else is..LOL
Product Junkie Diva

Reese Johnson said...

POST THAT SHIT!!! i have insurance for a reason, i think im going to start keeping a blackberry on standby

T said...

Reese I think the text correspondence was something like this:

Loser dude: "When I first met you, I thought I had lucked up on a mad cool sista, but this entire episode has been extremely wack."

Me: "I'm not sure what possessed you to send this at 8:43 a.m. on a Saturday morning, but feel free to lose my number. I don't want to be a contributor to all the wackness you already have in your life."

Kismet said...

Me: "I'm not sure what possessed you to send this at 8:43 a.m. on a Saturday morning, but feel free to lose my number. I don't want to be a contributor to all the wackness you already have in your life."

O.Mi.Gawd. If I had a 9-5 job, I would have lost it laughing OUT LOUD at that sh*t! HILARIOUS!

Tea, I'm back online, spreading my brand of afroboricua love all around the blogosphere. :)