Sunday, June 22, 2008

Improvise...

So... I'm no PJD, but Antithesis asked for it and Nerd Girl hooked me up and asked for an update, so I feel like I owe it to folks to let them know how it's going.




Product: Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme
Price: $58 for a 16 oz. jar (but I got it for the free from Nerd Gird)
Claim: BABY BUTTERCREME is here to rescue kids, mommies and daddies from knotty, dried out tangled kinks and curls. This splendid moisture blend is essential for softening and growing out natural hair. Shhhh........ On the hush, grownups looking for a softer scented alternative to Curly Buttercreme will love it too!

The truth is I have a very good hair regimen going right now, so I haven't needed any additional moisturizers (I do a 1-2-3 wash and go 1)olive oil 2)burt's bees conditioner 3)IC fantasia gel... gets me right in 15-20 minutes or less every morning). However, I never know what my next hair step is going to be, so I decided to place my bid in to get the goods from Nerd Girl and happened to win.

Have you ever been in a bathroom after a baby's diaper is changed? It's like you smell the powder and the baby wipes, but the stench of poop, while muted, is also present. This is what Baby Buttercreme reminds me of. Perfumed poop. It claims the scent is lighter than the Curly Buttercreme, but Curly Buttercreme has a delightful peppermint scent and I happen to like it a lot.

Well... you all know I've been obsessed (and disgusted) with wack feet lately and determined not to be the subject of any fly diva's blog post, I make sure to take good care of the dawgs. I typically used Bath & Body Works Creme (the too thick to rub in creme, not the lotion), but ran out and have no time to get to B&BW soon. I've recently improvised with a lotion and baby oil mix on my feet with socks to lock in the moisture nightly. I wasn't thrilled with the results of that mix.

So I go to my bathroom, looking around for some new mix ingredients and what's this... baby buttercreme. Surely if it can detangle kinks and curls, it can soften up my tired soles... right?

Verdict: Given the wack smell of baby buttercreme, I'd never want to put it in my hair (or the hair of children, if I had children), since it's so close to my nose... However since feet are typically close to the disgusting ground anyway, I had no qualms about lathering them up with the perfumed poop concoction. It was a messy process and the stained socks will now forever be foot smoothing socks, but the next morning my feet were as smooth as a baby's bottom.

IF you happen to have this lying around and don't want to put it in your (or your child's hair) I highly recommend it as a foot care regimen. Otherwise, you should skip it and use your $58 in a much more constructive way.

13 comments:

antithesis said...

eww! perfumed poop? gross! i've been curious about miss jessies products but didn't want to get disappointed. i know not to buy that crap. UGH! thanks for the heads up...

Mr. Keep You On Your Grind said...

Fitness Update!!!

T said...

@ Mr KYOYG...

Tomorrow!

Torrance Stephens bka All-Mi-T said...

sorry hope u dont mind the drive by
but is 56$ reasonable? i mean u know of any other products in the 10$ range

T said...

@ all-mi-t, drive by anytime.

It's actually $58 and it's extremely overpriced. That's the kind of pricing I've had to deal with when I decided to start reading labels and stop putting synthetic materials in my hair. I'm not sure of a cheap hair moisturizer, I'll keep the masses posted on that one.

As a foot care regimen Bath & Body Workd Signature Collection Body Butter is my preferred method: $14 for a 7oz jar... gets the job done!

ThummyB said...

Mr. KYOYG is confused about who's conscience he is supposed to be <_<.

mr. keep you on your grind said...

@TB - I am interested in seeing all my friends succeed. Stop conscious blocking.

ThummyB said...

LOL @ conscience blocking.

PBW said...

I'm the opposite. I love the scent of the Baby Buttercream, don't like the smell of the Curly Buttercream.

Which Burt's Bees conditioner do you use?

Product Junkie Diva said...

LOL your review was too funny. I heard great things about this cream but never a word about the scent..lol.
Thanks
Product Junkie Diva

Product Junkie Diva said...

Oh yes I am with PBW and would like to know which Burts conditioner you are using.
thanks
Product jUnkie Diva

T said...

Hey ladies,

I use the Raspberry & Brazil Nut Conditioner. It's really moisturizing and I think it helps to define my curls a bit. It has a strong smell, so if you don't wash your hair everyday, I suspect it could get to smelling old after 3-4 days, but I wash daily, so it works for me.

Nerd Girl said...

LOL! You are using it on your feet??? Whatever works . . . The smell didn't bother me, I just didn't think it was that great a product - especially for $58!