Saturday, June 7, 2008

East Lakeview Campaign #3

First, I'd like to say it was 79 degrees at 9:39 p.m. last night. I'm SO excited. Summer, please stay in the Chi, we LOVE you!

So anyway, the East Lakeview Campaign is in full effect. The #3 reason to move to East Lakeview is that you can fall ALL the way off undocumented.

Case in point: I needed to make a Walgreens run last night. I threw on a bra and some shorts that I bought for Operation Desert Storm, which, due to my label-free week, no longer fit. (For, DD, MJ and AP, I already had on underwear and a t-shirt, give me SOME credit.)

So anyway, I wet my hair, threw on a headband and bounced. No lotion, no make-up, pedicure-free. I mean, I was out there WRONG. This was way worse than the picnic shoe incident.

The awesome part is that I couldn't care less because I KNEW I wouldn't see ANYONE who recongnized me and I didn't. If I had made this run to Walgreens on 53rd, Target on Roosevelt and Clark or worse, Club Jewel on Roosevelt and Wabash, GUAR-AN-TEED I would have run into 10 people I knew, been embarassed and had to make up some excuse about how I had a terrible flu and was just coming out for medication... Instead, teaandsuch readers can only "imagine" how wack I was looking, but the world at large will never have any proof.

In closing... let loose... Move to East Lakeview!!!

4 comments:

Yeah, Its Me said...

Uuummmm, so if your friends take your advice and move to East Lakeview wouldn't that subsequently increase the chances of you running into them in these kinds of situations? You would thus be eliminating the advantage of living in a place where you don't have to be at all concerned about being out and about in a state of un-hottness.

T said...

Only like 1 or 2 of them are going to actually move and the ones that move have seen me in several states of unhottness, so it's cool.

You only have to look really hot for people you kinda know, but kinda dont.

Make sense?

Reese Johnson said...

see now myself and the miss have been looking at apts in that area and you know i woulda got you if i woulda saw you, but i may have been in crocs, bball shorts and a x-medium t as well LOL

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Funny post!!

Lol @ "Club Jewel" on Roosevelt & Wabash! I've been in that particular Jewel several times!