Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why you should move to East Lakeview #1

Like one of my girls from work would say, I've been a little "anti" with the blog posts lately. I guess I can drop a positive note tonight. (Trust me, it won't be nearly as entertaining as my usual rants).

I just came from my gym, Sweat Shop. I took a Pilates class. I LOVE my gym. I was the only person who showed up for the class, so the instructor did the class with just me. Now that's good customer service right there! (And a free personal training session for me if you want to look at it from an economics standpoint.)

And boy, she had me twisted up like a pretzel. I know I'm going to feel this one in the morning. BUT I'm so excited that she saw the value in giving a quality class no matter the quantity of students. YAY, Sweat Shop!

My official campaign to get at least one person who isn't a friend from work to move to my neighborhood has begun. North side anyone? I have guest passes to my gym if you want to go with me one day. :)

4 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Hey, I'd move to the North Side if I ever go back home!!

I refuse to live on the South Side of Chicago if or when I move back. It seems like it's gotten so bad around where my family lives in the 5 years I've been gone. Plus, my husband wants to live on the North Side if we go back. I like it up there, it's a lot more like New York than any other part of Chicago. I like the diversity, as opposed to the segregated South Side. :-)

Enjoy your long weekend!!

Reese Johnson said...

i been thinking about making that change, ill always be a southsider but i have a car and you know how the northside and cars go....

ThummyB said...

Sorry chica...the parking situation alone is enough reason to send me running for the hills.

However, Chicago is SUCH a big city that there are great neighborhoods on the North, South, and West sides. It really saddens me that the southside gets such a bad rap. I won't too much speak to the 'segregation' issue, but I will say that the issue is much greater than JUST black folks keeping to their side of town.

black_sun said...

So I'm not the only one who's taken note of your constant whining over everly little thing that doesn't go completely smooth in your daily life.

I appreciate the positivity... no matter how short-lived it may be. :P