Saturday, May 10, 2008

Today I Learned

Living out of a suitcase just alerted me to exactly how superficial I really am. I'm on my way to the club in Dallas and I didn't bring any party shoes. I was rushing and hadn't really unpacked well from Phoenix. Darnit.

Now I'm on my way out mis-matched and I'm afraid tomorrow some diva is going to have me on her blog like "Look at this girl who had on party jeans with picnic shoes."

Oh, and I almost forgot. I left all of my clutches at home, so I only have my red sack with me. I'm leaving it in the car and going in (gasp) purseless.

Your girl is in Texas all kinds of wrong.

Sigh.

5 comments:

antithesis said...

it's ok 'cause it's...texas. i'm sure u will encounter worse stuff anyway.

Ms.Deb said...

Awghhh....picnic shoes. But I am sure like antithesis said....you will see worse. Like WTH!

T said...

The picnic shoes were black strappy espadrilles to be exact, but you ladies are correct. There was much worse going on! I'll go into mass detail in a later post, but I don't think anyone noticed my fashion faux pa. :)

ThummyB said...

Meh - I think that you can possibly play it as a look. You know how you sometimes see folks in the club w/ sandals and summer dresses or peasant skirts on? Depending on how it's executed...it could look like they are intentionally going for a casual/'summer evening chic' look.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I'm sure you looked fine! :-)