Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Only 15 days left

So, I just found out Sweat Shop is closing. In my biased opinion, it's the #1 reason to live in East Lakeview and it's closing. I'm super sad. It may seem silly for me to be so attached to my gym, but I LOVE MY GYM!

The owner is moving to Florida. I've never seen him before, but the general manager is the sweetest lady named Nancy. She's almost always there and I see her around the neighborhood frequently as well.

The good news is that they sold our memberships to Lakeview Athletic Clubs (LVAC), which is one of the premium clubs in Chicago. This club has a track, a pool and a rock-climbing wall (none of which am I planning to use). I hope they have free towels and friendly instructors and all the other niceties of Sweat Shop.

I saw Nancy on the way out today and I asked if she'd be moving to LVAC as well and she had this sad smile on her face. She said yes, I was one of the lucky ones, thanks for asking. I could tell she really cared about her job and the Sweat Shop. I hope everyone else gets a job somewhere that makes them happy. :)

2 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Aww, that's so sad. It's tough to have a place that you frequented and felt comfortable close down. Hopefully, you'll have a just a great experience at LVAC. At least Nancy will be there too! :-)

Paris said...

Man, LVAC sounds the bomb! I might have to get a couple free passes and go with you some time. Maybe this will help me in my decision on if I want to become a North sider.