Friday, May 2, 2008

News You Can Use

Stimulus Payment Schedule for Tax Returns Received and Processed by April 15:

Direct Deposit Payments

Last two digits of your Social Security number (first column) correspond to when your economic stimulus payment deposit should be sent to your bank account:

00 – 20 May 2
21 – 75 May 9
76 – 99 May 16

Paper Check

Last two digits of your Social Security number are (first column) correspond to when your economic stimulus payment deposit should be in the mail by:
00 – 09 May 16
10 – 18 May 23
19 – 25 May 30
26 – 38 June 6
39 – 51 June 13
52 – 63 June 20
64 – 75 June 27
76 – 87 July 4
88 – 99 July 11

So here are some questions for the masses:

1. What are you doing with your economic stimulus funds?
2. What should I do with mine? Here are some options, but boy am indecisive

A) Go on a much-need shopping spree
B) Pay down a credit card (it'll really just be chipping at my credit card debt really, but whatev)
C) Hold as spending money for R&P's wedding in the Bahamas in July
D) Hold as general spending money (the summer is typically rough on my pockets)
E) Use to pay off the rest of my down payment on R&P's wedding hotel (ballin' azzes)
F) Use to buy my plane ticket to R&P's wedding
G) E&F
H)Save (in a regular savings account)
I) Save in a mutual fund
J) Save in a CD
K) Another suggestion you may have

I'm feeling like B & G are my best (and most rewarding) options right now, but I definitely don't want to trick this money off. (Yes, I said trick this money off).

What do y'all think?

4 comments:

black_sun said...

why decide? divide the money among them all!!! $600 / 10 = $60 for each item on your list. now you could combine some of the items. for example:

A + C = $120 shopping spree in the Bahamas!

or you could just give me the money to avoid the stress of having to figure out what to do with it. i will gladly bare that burden.

Paris said...

Girl, I'm thinking mine will be going to credit card debt myself. However, I will be saving a portion of it to buy a new iPod since mine crashed while in AZ :-(

ThummyB said...

I'm going to use mine to help pay for the condo remodel as well as for R&P's wedding. Really I have to pay for both regardless, so the check is just going into my account to be spent according to my pre-determined needs.

As for you...do you still owe on R&P's wedding? If so, then use it for that. If you have already paid for those expenses, and you can fully fund the trip (shopping, other expenses, etc) w/o charging more biils, then use it to pay down your credit bill. If you can't fund the trip w/o charging, then use it to pay for trip expense and leave your charge at home.

T said...

I'm feeling everyone's suggestions. I do still owe on R&P's wedding and the biggest problem is the $500 flight, that I wasn't expecting to have to pay for. (Damn you blackout dates for the American Airlines AAdvantage program!!!!)

So like you, thummbyb, the money is just going to be deposited and spent on stuff I already HAVE to do.

But it will be a welcome relief because now I CAN spend all cash in the Bahamas as opposed to adding to the ginormous monster that is my [self-inflicted] credit card debt.