Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hello ESP. Goodbye ESP.

So my Ecomonic Stimulus Plan (ESP) came a little early. YAY! I spent it already. Womp.

Here's where I netted out:

12% - Mother's Day Gift
13.5% - Hair products, make-up, cash-back (Gotta love it when you have easy access to a Wal-mart!!!)
65% - R&P's wedding flight
Remaining 9.5% - TBD (Probably spending money)

The positive thing about this is that I don't think I've ever paid cash for a plane ticket. I usually charge it and pay the credit card back immediately or charge it and don't pay it back for a long while. So yes, thank you U.S. Government for helping me to get my credit card debt in order by breaking me off with that ESP. :)

UPDATE: Per my best friend, thummyb, using cash, money orders or even debit for airline tickets is a big no-no.

http://www.moneybluebook.com/always-pay-by-credit-card-to-protect-against-airline-bankruptcy-loss/

"Under the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), credit card consumers who purchase with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express card are afforded substantially more purchase protections then those who make payment using cash, money orders, or debit cards."

4 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I'm still waiting on my stimulus check!! Lucky girl! :-)

ThummyB said...

Sidenote - Don't make a habit of paying cash for your plane tickets. When ATA (and the other two airlines) went under, ppl who paid for their tickets w/a credit card got the credit back right away. People who paid w/cash have a long process to go through in order to get reimbursed.h

T said...

@ thummyb, do the airlines view debit the same as cash? I bought it online with a debit card, but it came right out of my bank account, which equal cash to me, but not cash for real.

T said...

*equals*