Tuesday, May 27, 2008

East Lakeview Campaign #2

The #2 reason you should move to East Lakeview is because it's walking distance from North Avenue Beach. Now if you live Southeast, then this is going to be a weak case for you. But for you West, Northwest and Southwest siders, trust me, there is nothing like easy access to the beach when the weather's nice.

Now in fairness the beach is in Lincoln Park, but I'm definitely not moving to Lincoln Park. It's nice to visit, not so much to live. I don't even have a car, but it's congested to walk over there...

Anyway, the weather was GLORIOUS in the Chi yesterday. Matter of fact it got to like 84 degrees, but it was a little cloudy. [Today it's 44 degrees... it's like the weather had to go back to work too]. Yesterday was a perfect day to sunbathe... I did. I hit up Sweat Shop in the morning. Then in the afternoon, I filled up my 64 oz water bottle, stopped at Subway for a $5 footlong *singing like the commercial* then stopped at Borders on Broadway and Diversey for a new book before walking to the beach. :)

As I was walking, I was thinking, it would be great to have a friend to walk to the beach with. Someone who wouldn't have to drive up here and pay for parking OR drive around for 30 minutes when they get here looking for a parking space.

Wouldn't it be great if that friend was you? Don't you love the beach? Don't you love being able to walk to Subway, Borders and pretty much ANY other thing you could need in life. (Jewel-Osco, Walgreens, Chipotle, Coldstone, Best Buy, DSW, Linens and Things, Express, the Chicken Hut...). Of course you do. So what are you waiting for? MOVE TO EAST LAKEVIEW. You'll LOVE it!

4 comments:

ThummyB said...

Ummm - I'm going to need for you to include 'applying sunblock' to your routine next time. It's a must!

T said...

I ALWAYS apply sunscreen. I gave the routine on the way TO the beach, not the beach routine. :)

Anonymous said...

I can get to the beach just fine from my condo in HYDE PARK!! Come on over South.. you know you want to! - Mrs. Elrod

T said...

Look here, Mrs. Elrod. I already knew I couldn't get the southeast siders. I pretty much know very few HP people are moving to Lakeview.

I'm trying to get the Northwest and Southwest people to cross over.

I'm not moving though (until I buy). Believe that!