Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hot Collabos

So everyone's coupling up now for concerts. It's like the new thing to do and it's definitely worth noting. From the extraordinary to the not so extraordinary, folks recognize the value of getting together to make people happy (and make money, of course).

Lately some headturners (for one reason or another)

Jay-Z and Mary J. Blige
Jill Scott and Raheem Devaughn
J. Holiday and Trey Songs
Bow Wow and Omarion

So in the spirit of collaboration, I was thinking about a few folks that I think should definitely do a show together, not so much because it's a perfect marriage, mainly because I'm trying to be frugal and get my money's worth.

(In random order)

1. Lauryn Hill and Erykah Badu - Can you imagine? I mean, the crowd-watching would be entertaining enough to make the ticket worth what you paid for it.

2. John Legend and Eric Robeson - Just two of my personal favorites who stay on heavy rotation at my house. I'd love to see how they vibe together or back to back at a show.

3. Patti LaBelle and Gladys Knight - No description necessary...

4. Jodeci, Boyz 2 Men and Dru Hill - Forever my Lady... Motown Philly... Five Steps... Every Freakin' Night... End of the Road... Beauty...

And for the record, I'm talking Boyz to Men with Mike, not this 3-person business they have going on right now.

Also for the record, I'm talking Dru Hill with Woody, withOUT that fifth dude and without this radio-youtube-reality show-gossip blog crap they have us tuning into right now.

I get excited just thinking about it. I'm sitting in my house like...
Motown, Philly back again...
doing a little east coast fling...
Boyz 2 Men...
going on...

Sing it with me now *not too hard... NOT TOO SOFT!*

5 comments:

antithesis said...

LOL. i agree with everything expecially concerning dru hill and boyz II men. my feelings are still hurt that i wont see MJB and Jay-z.

Paris said...

I would've loved to see Eric open for Jill. There's something about the opening act that gets you even more hype about the main act! Another one, D'Angelo and Maxwell. I wish these 2 fellas would get it together.

Product Junkie Diva said...

I would like to see beyonce, Whitney, Brandy and maybe I will just leave it at that because I am getting greedy.lol
Product Junkie Diva

Que.P said...

Lauren and Erykah? OMG! I'm excited about Erykah and the Roots May 30th (can't wait), but I would camp out for tickets to Erykah and Lauryn.

phxsoul said...

Great post Tea and Such! I gotta tell you though ... I'm still upset about what went down with the R. Kelly and Jay-Z collabo a few years back! That had the potential to be the best team-up in the history of R&B and Hip Hop!! The Best of Both Worlds was a classic!