Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My first iPod

Ok, let me preface this post letting you know, I'm extremely frugal, but I like nice things. So I'll pay $100 for a cut and color, $70 for some ballet flats (they're SO cute, trust me), but I won't pay more than $.99 for a burger if I don't have to.

My good friends know that I think CDs are a waste of money. Yeah, I like music, but the radio works just fine and if I really like someone (John Legend, Alicia, Kanye and random others depending on how I'm feeling, I'll buy the CD).

Now you're all reading this blog confused like... CD? Why don't you have mp3s by now. It's 2008. Right, but I'm frugal and since music isn't a driving factor in my life, I wasn't really about to go out and buy and iPod or Rhapsody or any other music playing concoction that would cost me more than free.

Then I got a free iPod from my job. GREAT! Now I have to figure out how to work the darn thing. Figured it out. Now I have to download music... Major problem. Remember, I'm frugal. So I have super slow DSL. (Why would I pay for high speed internet at home when I spend more time at work and they have high speed internet there?)

So I figure out how to download limewire, it takes all day Saturday, but I can't figure out how to actually download the music. Whatever, I have some music on my computer that people sent me and I have a few CDs that have collected over the years. I only need the thing to workout and for plane rides anyway.

So I have some songs on there, I'm finally at the gym working it out and my ears are too small for the headphones. Yes the itty bitty headphones that come with the iPod are too big for my uber tiny ears. And buying smaller headphones would be against my frugal religion, so I just have to keep putting them back in when I'm running on the treadmill. Very irritating.

I also couldn't figure out how to charge the thing. Figured it out.
Couldn't figure out how to disconnect it from my computer without that icky warning sign. Figured it out.
Couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Figured it out.

Then I put it in my purse, it plays and drains the battery, so when I want to use it the battery's dead. I can't figure out how to make it stop doing that, then my homie Paris tells me to try to hold button. Genius...

But I think my hold button is broke.

I guess I'll just have to figure it out.

1 comment:

ThummyB said...

Tragic situation, my dear. Glad that you are finally starting to figure it out, though...and YES you absoultely have to get new/better earphones. I perfer the ones that hook over your ears for the gym. The ones that come w/the IPOD are crap.